CAPPA Certified Labor Doula: CLD
Want to be inspired and empowered to begin or enhance your perinatal career? Train with the Childbirth and Postpartum Professionals Association, an international certification organization for Doulas, Childbirth Educators, and Lactation Educators. CAPPA trainings are designed to educate and equip the contemporary perinatal professional for a successful career in a fun, supportive, and collaborative environment. Trainings are evidence based and comprehensive, and are designed to appeal to all learning styles. Students will enjoy engaging and interactive instruction, with practical and real-world scenarios. CAPPA instructors have in depth knowledge and follow standardized curriculums to ensure the highest quality training and most comprehensive perinatal education for CAPPA Certification programs. As one of the first and most comprehensive perinatal organizations in the world, CAPPA is respected for its longevity, stability, and its commitment to excellence in both education and unsurpassed student and member support.
The CAPPA Labor Doula Training
Ready to become proficient when offering professional labor support? Take the first step towards becoming a Certified Labor Doula with CAPPA. This eighteen hour workshop meets the first requirement of your CLD program and prepares you to work through the steps for certification. This course is designed to provide a foundational skill base, knowledge, and perspectives on professional labor support for perinatal professionals, as well as providing training for those seeking certification as certified labor doulas with CAPPA.
Offering 18 CAPPA Contact Hours. Nursing contact hours potentially available on request.
The CAPPA Labor Doula Training Class includes the CAPPA Labor Doula Manual, and covers the following topics:
· CAPPA certification and policies
· Practical application of Scope of Practice, ethics, and integrity
· Building bridges with medical/midwifery professionals
· Modeling and teaching positive communication and self-advocacy
· Support for every stage of labor and birth
· Hands on practice of proven comfort measures and labor support techniques
· Emotional support for labor and birth, as well as unexpected events
· Hospital procedures – risk/benefit as well as alternatives and support
· Cesarean and VBAC support
· Prenatal and postpartum consultations and support
· Breastfeeding initiation and support
· Business development, marketing, and networking to create a successful career
· And much more!
Faculty Ana Hill: Begin your journey with confidence! My goal is to help you focus your passion into a fulfilling career, provide you with resources and information you’ll need, and nurture you as you get grow into the unique doula you will become. http://rockymountaindoula.com/become-a-doula/
Registration Link: http://rockymountaindoula.com/become-a-doula/register-for-a-doula-training/
Tuition: $555 regular registration. Early Bird discount of $25 ends (February 23, 2017)
Details of Refund Policy
I agree to the following cancellation policy:
• If Rocky Mountain Doula cancels the workshop, students have the option of receiving a full refund or transferring to another workshop taught by Rocky Mountain Doula.
• All other cancellations will be charged a $50.00 processing fee.
• If the cancellation is made within three weeks of the workshop, no refund will be given.
• Cancellations prior to training workshop have the option of having payment applied to a training workshop given by Rocky Mountain Doula within 12 months. Only ONE transfer of registration is permitted. There is a $50 fee for registration transfer. No-shows are not eligible for registration transfer. If applicant does not attend a workshop within 12 months, all fees are forfeited.
• I understand I should not make non-refundable travel arrangements unless I have received confirmation from Rocky Mountain Doula that the training workshop is confirmed.
• In the event of hazardous weather, “act of God”, or any other travel issues making it impossible for Rocky Mountain Doula to hold the workshop, a makeup option will be made available. Rocky Mountain Doula is not responsible for any travel expenses students may incur.